Netball Drill Demonstration
Player 2 moves into the circle to receive a ball from blue player 1.
Blue 1 immediately moves in to take up the rebound position with the defender (green player 1) and battle for the rebound.
- If the shot is put up from A, the rebound position is the area marked by the semi circle.
- The player must guard this area from her opponent.
Encourage players to drive onto the pass from player 2 to lose the defender to allow herself to set up for the shot unopposed.
Players should be setting up to shoot as soon as they have received the ball - they only have 3 seconds from receiving the ball to releasing it.
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Bent knees as if you were going to jump in the air
- One hand holds the ball in the fingertips the other hand steadies the ball
- Keep the body straight - head up and back straight
- Focus at the back of the ring instead of the front
- Let go of the ball as you straighten your legs
- You should end the shot on your tiptoes
- Arms follow through towards the ring
Drill tags: rebound, shoot