Netball Drill Demonstration
- 4 corners set up
- 2 feeders (static and with a ball each)
- Two players work together and drive out from opposite lines on the same half.
- Players straight drive to meet in the middle and touch (high 5).
- Both players then V cut towards direction of the feeder.
- Feeder delivers the ball to any one of the drivers.
- The driver who does not receive the ball becomes the attacker.
- The attacker must react and cross cut through court to receive a long pass in the opposite side of the court from the partner they have been working with who received the ball.
- Attacker to then return ball to the feeder on the opposite side to where they started.
Start with two lines working then bring in the other two to give players opportunity to see the drill play out.
Peripheral vision and self awareness are key throughout the drill.
Focus on strong passing delivery and deliberate cuts and drive.
Players become aware of their space and use deliberate driving techniques.
Timing between both sets of groups will be crucial to the drill working.
Players lack spatial awareness through mid court where there is congestion and cannot achieve a clean cut and drive.
Start with two lines working then bring in the other two to
give players opportunity to see the drill play out.
- Defence can be added in to defend the static feeder with arms up or space. The attacker who has just completed the long drive can then defend the next pass form the feeder.
- Alternatively designated defenders can be put in place to ‘confuse’ the area and add even more need for spatial awareness.
- All players to rotate through passer, attacker and defence.