Netball Drill Demonstration
Set up 4 cones in a square, 3m apart
3 players start on different corners (leaving the top right corner free).
The player at the bottom right runs to the free corner to receive the ball from the Player at the top left.
The player at the bottom left runs to the now free corner to receive the ball.
In this way players move around the square anticlockwise.
Once they have made it back to their starting position, reverse the direction.
The player passing the ball:
- Should focus on ball placement so that the receiver collects the ball on extension i.e the ball is placed in front of them so that they move onto it
- Therefore timing is important - the player throwing the ball should do so before the receiving player reaches the cone
- Needs to turn quickly and look over their shoulder as soon as they can. Then their hips and feet will follow.
- Players need to practice turning in and turning out (when catching the ball, turning to face the next pass)
- This involves landing on different feet and weight transfer. In a game the way a player turns would usually depend on where the defender is and so players need to be able to do both.
As soon as the receiver turns and looks over their shoulder the next player can move.