Netball Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
Set up: Half court, 3 stationary feeders, 3 balls, 1 attacker, 1-3 defence.
- Feeders are placed in an extended triangle formation. Each feeder has a ball.
- Attacker drives out from transverse line to first feeder where a pass is received, attacker returns pass and moves around the feeder.
- Attacker does so with the other two feeders in the extended triangle formation creating a 'zig zag'.
- Attacker works her way through the 'zig zag' in both directions without errors.
- You can choose this drill simply without defence for players to get used to changing direction, moving around players and incorporating basic skills of catching and passing.
- With more experienced players you may choose to enforce limitations to put them under pressure – for example, having to achieve the whole drill without dropped balls or within a time limit.
Passes get misjudged and thrown away.
- Add one defender to the middle of the triangle.
- Add two defenders to the middle of the triangle.
- Time each player to get a successful run through. make it a competition- fastest time to complete the drill with no errors.