Netball Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
Set up: Goal third, 1 ball, 1 passer, 2 midcourt, 1 shooter, 2-3 defence.
- Ball starts with passer behind transverse line.
- Both midcourt players drive from the transverse line to circle edge then back off again (creating the ‘M’).
- Passer delivers ball to one of the midcourt players off the circle who then delivers the second ball to the other midcourt plyer on the circle edge. Option: Passer candeliver directly to shooter who may choose to come out of the circle. Shooter then is to deliver a pass to a midcourter and get into position.
- Ball delivered to shooter, who puts the shot up.
- Strong drives are needed from midcourt players.
- The 'M' is created by both players simultaneously driving to the circle edge then off – this is
- to promote court balance and possible options through midcourt into shooter.
- Get the passer to change up who they pass to – shooter or midcourt.
- Rotate players through.
- You can use this to develop centre pass options and highlight court balance on the circle edge.
- Midcourters may find they get trapped in receiving the ball. Offer coaching tip- Meet the player, step off and drive into space.
- Get players to rotate so they don’t get used to a certain space.
- Add in one midcourt and one circle defence.
- Midcourters are forced to use each other more and balance the court.