Netball Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
Set up: Five cones set up as a square with one cone in the center, 1 ball, 4-6 players.
- Two feeding players are set up in between cones in line with the center cone.
- Two attacking players start on the centre cone and choose a corner cone to drive out to, each driving to opposite cones.
- Attackers time their drive so they receive their pass on the centre cone.
- Attackers are to create a ‘bow’ shape by driving to the outer cones one at a time and receiving a pass on the middle cone between each drive.
- Strong emphasis on attacking players communicating with the other player as to where they are driving.
- After the defender has been added in, the attackers still need to work so they receive a front ball in a small space, attackers may find this is easer in a bigger space (second progression).
- Attackers waiting in the middle for the ball, players should hold their drive to time with a pass on the center cone.
- Attacker not turning around fully to deliver the pass or drive.
- Add in defender to confuse middle space.
- Increase ‘bow’ size and add in another defense.
- Attackers to receive two passes in a row from each feeder before the other attacker drives.