Netball Drill Demonstration
- No set amount of people needed.
- Working in partners.
- 2 groups opposite each other.
- Two players drive out on and angle.
- One player receives a pass from the same line they have left.
- Receiver to pass back to partner who has driven out also.
- First receiver drives long and diagonal across court to receive a long pass from their partner then delivers it back to the line.
*Introduce trigger once players have mastered the above movement.
- Trigger – called by a nominated player to change the space.
- Same drill as above but to the opposite side of the court.
- When 'trigger' is called players aim to adapt to the other side of the court as quickly as possible.
- 'Trigger' player to initiate play and be passing/receiver option.
- Players are forced to make quick decisions and adapt to the game situation through the ‘trigger’. Good to practice spatial awareness and assertive pass and cuts through court.
- Monotonous driving to the same area or same people doing the work. Nominate players, to ensure everyone is involved.
- Add in defence - Instead of the long driver returning to the line, they then become defence for the first pass.
- Introduce specific receiving areas, the ball has to be caught in coned area to avoid basic straight line running and requires cut movements to get into space.
- More than one ball can be added – requires attack and defence to become more obvious.
- Count amount of errors, passes or time pressure.