Netball Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
- Two balls, four cones, 4-6 players.
- Cones set up as a diamond, the two feeders opposite each other with a ball each.
- Two players in the middle as attackers/receivers.
- Attackers use ‘little feet’ to move around the other attacker in the middle.
- Attackers then split and drive to the outside cones.
- Feeders deliver a ball into the middle of the diamond.
- Attackers receive the pass from their right and move around the other attacker with
- ball in hand to deliver the ball to the opposite feeder.
- Attackers are encouraged to have a strong drive out to the cones and back into the middle, driving onto the ball is crucial with the feeders delivering the ball slightly in front of the attackers.
- Attackers to keep eyes up whilst moving around each other in the middle.
- Attackers keep eyes down when moving around each other.
- Defenders need to vary up their approach i.e. man on, arms up, area defence.
- Add in first defender to confuse the area attackers will drive into. Attackers aim to receive the front pass.
- Add in two defenders to the inside space. Defenders can practice area and man on defence and communicating with each other as they could do in the defensive circle.
Drill tags: attack, driving, fast feet, netball