Netball Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
Set up: At least 6 players form equal lines in a triangle formation. One ball.
- Players are to pass the ball to either of the other two lines then move to the opposite line.
- The aim is to keep all 3 lines balanced so there is always someone to pass to. No post is to be left with just one player.
- Set goal for players to be able to maintain lines for 30 seconds.
- Pass and move under pressure, racing the clock.
- Decision making at speed.
- Applicable to any position on court.
- Players are to understand the importance of balancing court and to be a reactive player after they have passed.
- As players become more confident, they can choose what line to move into which forces more decision making i.e. not always the opposite line to the pass.
- Introduce defender in the middle. Aim of defender is to force errors i.e. intercept or unbalanced lines.
- See MAD with defender.
Drill tags: decision making, marg foster