Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Small playing area, for 1 v 1 tackling.
- Players line up in two lines adjacent to the coned area.
- Coach shouts go and the front two players run round their end to end up facing each other.
- The coach passes the ball to the attacker who runs at the defender, and the defender tries to take them down.
- Attackers should use trickery and steps/feints to try to escape the defender.
- Defenders aiming to tackle attackers to the floor.
- Once the attacker is on the ground, the defending players need to ruck over the attackers to replicate game play.
Drill tags: 1 v 1, 1v1, contact, tackling