Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Groups of 2.
- Everyone find some space.
- Stand opposite your partner.
- One of the players (attacker) use footwork and move arround.
- The other (defender), try to keep as close as they can to the moving player.
- The attackers claps at a point of his choice, this is when the defender makes a shoulders on contact.
- Low Impact.
- Shoulders on.
- Keep on toes.
- Small steps.
- Boxer stance.
- Foot in close as possible to Attacker.
- Drive not dive - stay close to attacker as you can dont want to have to dive for tackle.
- Wider base for leverage and greater flexibility to reach tackle.