Netball Drill Demonstration
The purpose of this drill is to encourage Attackers to get into a position near to the transverse line when receiving a Centre pass.
Set up 6 cones, beginning with 2 close to the middle and near the transverse line and then 2 more pairs of cones moving out and further away. The nearer cones are worth 3 points and as they get further away this decreases to 2pt and then 1pt.
Aim is for the Attacker to get free and move into the centre third ready to receive a Centre pass.
Attacker shouls look to shiftt he defender's bodyweight enough to reach the cone without being tagged by the Defender.
- Getting free effectively with minimal running
- Being ready to take the ball close to the line - this means that ground is being gained, whereas the 1pt cones are nearly in line with the Centre.
- When Centre is introduced make sure they provide an early release of the ball into the space.
- Put the Defender behind the line
- Put Defender in front of the line
- Add a 2nd defender
- Introduce a Centre and a ball