Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following...
- The attackers will start at the base of the grid and attack the first box.
- The 2 defenders in that box, should defend within their box only.
- The attack should keep going, entering the second box, and beat the 2 defenders in that box.
- The attack will then turn and make their way down the grid, and repeat - until stopped by the coach.
- Keep the pace in the attack. Both defence and attack should reset quickly.
- Attackers look to identify weakness in the defence e.g. they are not ready.
- Defenders close space, but not too quickly - they will need to drift.
- Attackers passes are weighted correctly in terms of speed, distance, timing, and accuracy.
- Attackers seeks to fix defenders, and use quick hands.