Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following...
- We are playing 7's, normal rules apply - except this is touch.
- Upon getting touched a player must off-load the ball right away to a supporting attack player. They must stop running.
- If they do not off-load right away - the ball is turned over to the defence.
- If they keep running the ball is turned over.
- Touch is one handed.
- There are unlimited touches, but in the even of the law being broken e.g. a knock on - the ball will be turned over.
- The game is to be played at pace.
- We will have 4 quarters of 4 minutes for this game.
Bring you players together for no more than a minute at the end of each quarter to highlight what is going well, what could be better and to agree targets for the next quarter. Ask players, don't just tell.
- The game should be played at pace.
- You should see evidence of your training in this game situation e.g. players use their attacking and defensive patterns.
- Attackers move the ball to space.
- Defenders provide a second line of defence and cover for kicks.
- Communication is evident in both the attack and defence.