Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Tell your players the following......
- Two players will be defenders, it's their job to try and intercept the ball.
- The rest of the players will be passers, it's their job to keep the ball away from the defenders and to keep the ball moving.
- If a defender gets the ball, they become a passer - and the passes becomes the defender.
- That's it - lets get playing!
- Don't forget to change the defender if they stay in place for too long.
Don't feel that you have to focus on all of the following coaching points, you may have your own. Select the points that most closely match your overall training and session goals.
- Progression 1: Passers work not to be touched, while in pocession of the ball, by a defender.
- Progression 2: Passers can only hold onto the ball for 2 seconds.