Rugby Drill Demonstration
Players need to work their way up the cones, moving from one leg to another, winding up by bending at the knee and hips, and exploding off to the other direction.
- Start slowly and build up speed and momentum
- Weight over the knee with head and eyes up
- Ball held in 2 hands
- Emphasise the power step, slow everything down
- Tell them their chest needs to be hanging over their knee
- Ball transfer away from contact, as they step away the hand comes out for the handoff and the ball is under the other arm.
- It is an explosive movement from the leg to move off onto the next cone
Drill tags: agility, power, power stride, speed