Rugby Drill Demonstration
The following are the laws for this game:
- Equal number of defenders and attackers.
- Normal laws of sevens rugby apply; a knock on etc. results in a turn over.
- The attacking team gets 8 touches before the ball has to be turned over.
- Change this to suit your training goals. When an attacker is touched they: stop running, turn and present the ball to a support player who waits for the entire defence to gather in around the defender that made the touch.
- Following a touch all defenders must gather in and be connected by touching another defender.
- Only when the support player passes the ball out can the defence restart the game.
- If the defence goes offside or operates illegally, the attack gains 10 meters.
- If the defence does not get in quickly, the attack can gain 10 meters. Judge this depending on your player's fitness.
- There is no kicking.