Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Basically players will pass the ball diagonally across the grid, but the the ball is to be caught, not by the player at the cone, but by the player from the next cone back, who will sprint onto the pass. Ecah player move down one cone following each pass.
- Players can leave their cones before the pass is executed, but this exercise is to be conducted at pace.
- You might have to reduce the size of the training area in order to put less strain on the players, and don't forget to change the direction of the run e.g. clockwise and anticlockwise.
- Players time their run.
- Players come onto the ball at pace.
- Communication needs to be effective, efficient, and timely.
- Passes need to be weighted correctly.
- Passers invite the receiver onto the ball at pace.