Rugby Drill Demonstration
- One of your players will be the passer, and the other the catcher.
- The passer goes to one of the circles that has ball and the catcher goes to the empty circle.
- Using a pass from the deck, the passer passes the ball from each cone to the catcher, who sets the ball at a cone.
- Once the passer has finished one circle, they move to the next, and the catcher moves to the empty circle.
- The speed of this activity should build as the players get better.
- Don't forget to change the passer and catcher.
- SH uses both hands for passing.
- Passing should be at pace, repeating correctly again and again to build mussel memory.
- Receiver should be encouraging.
- SH can experiment with one set of quick lift and pass, and one set of passing from the ground with no lift.
- Have SH pass with just one hand, to switch things up and to build the quality of the pass with both hands.