Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The passer passes the first ball, from the ground, to the catcher, who sets the ball down.
- the passer then run around the first cone to the second set of balls, passing the next ball from the ground to the catcher.
- They then repeat this until all of the ball are passed.
- The catcher can time the exercise, and rate the accuracy and distance of each pass.
- The catcher and passer switch roles at the end of the exercise, and all balls are reset.
- Have SH players start this exercise by using just one hand for the pass.
- There should be little or no delay, the exercise need to be competed at speed.
- Focus on the quality of the pass, we want good passes repeated time and time again. Therefore, speed of execution may need to be developed, but don't compromise on quality.
- SH head needs to be up, they need to see the target, and visualize a line between the ball and the target.
- All the SH to experiment with their pass e.g. one hand, two hands, short lift and pass, sweeping pass, diving pass, and backwards sweeping pass with one hand.
- Allow players to have fun, and work together as a coach and playing team to set targets.