Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The first group of 4 starts at the top of the grid, moving forward. The ball should be with the outside player, who makes a short pass in to his supporting runner, who then makes a long pass to the next receiver in the other short passing box, they will then make a short pass to the last receiver. The players realign and do the same again in the opposite direction.
- When they get to the end of the grid, they go around the cones to their starting position, while the next group goes.
- They should change position in the line, and when ready, they start again.
- Short passes are not spun.
- Long passes should be spun.
- Passes are weighted correctly.
- Receivers hands should be out, providing a target.
- Players come onto the ball at pace.
- Communicate should be at the heart of the attack.
- Heads should be up.