Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Players start at the cones, pass the ball one circuit clockwise and one circuit anticlockwise.
- Following the two circuits, they take one step back. Thus making the circle bigger.
- They then repeat the 2 circuits of passing the ball around the circle, before taking another step back.
- Repeat until the circle is so big that the players are having trouble completing their pass.
- Receivers hands are out.
- Passes are not spun when they do not need to be.
- Passes are weighted correctly.
- Player should have fun with this and stretch themselves a little.
- Players should be encouraged to pick up the speed of the pass from player to player.
- Good communication, call the pass.