Rugby Drill Demonstration
Give the ball to the attacking team and tell your players the following.......
- This is touch 7's, other than that - normal rules of 7's apply.
- If touched with the ball: the ball carrier stops, 5 of the defenders must be within touching distance of the ball carrier - only 2 can stay out, and this must happen within 3 seconds.
- When the attack is happy that the defence has moved in - they can then move the ball away from the contact area - and the game restarts.
- There is no limit on the number of touches.
- That's it, lets play!
- Don't forget to give the defence and attack equal time on the ball.
- This game must be played at pace, so the defence is going to have to work hard!
- Defenders work rate must be high.
- Attackers attack space at pace.
- Passes are weight correctly in terms of distance, and width.
- Attacker cut back in, across the drift.
- Attackers are aware of their position on the pitch, and mark every effort not to be isolated in contact.