Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- One player will be the bag man, they will put the bags that have been hit back up again.
- Players will start at the bottom of the channel, they will hit the first bag - get to their feet and pick the ball.
- They should then set the ball just before the next bag - where they will again make the hit, before getting to their feet and taking the ball. They will repeat this at bag 3.
- The bag man - should be tracking and putting the bags up again.
- They player that has just went - will become the bag man, and the existing bag man joins the end of the line ready to complete the exercise.
- That's it, lets get to work.
- Players get to their feet pushing up with their hands.
- They do not use their knees.
- They take contact, driving through the contact and landing in a forward position, making it easier and faster for them to get to their feet.
- Players secure the ball using a low body position, bring the ball into the chest with 2 hands.
- Tacklers aim to hit in with the shoulder, keeping their head up.