Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- One group of 3 will be on the bottom right cones, the attack - they should have a ball each.
- The other group of 3 will be on the bottom left, starting at the furthest away cone - they will be the defence.
- On the coaches call, the first attacker (with ball) will run to the opposite end of the grid, in order to score a try.
- At the same time a defender will leave the last cone and will try to touch or tackle them.
- When all attackers have made it, the defence will move close (up one cone).
- The exercise continues forcing the attack to move at greater speed.
- Don't forget to change the attackers and defenders.
- Attackers come onto the ball at pace.
- Defenders closer down the attackers at pace.
- Attacker use changes in direction, foot-speed, hand off, etc. to evade the defender.
- Attackers dive for the line, when needed.
- Attackers are no afraid to experiment and make decisions.