Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- The defence will first turn and hit the pads.
- When the attack hears the hit - they can attack.
- The defenders must turn and defend.
- When the attack is complete, the attackers become the players on the pads, the players on the pads become the defence, and the defenders will be the new attack.
- The attack should try to score a try at the other end of the grid.
- Line speed, the hit should be together.
- Communication needs to be at the heart of the defence.
- Arms out, shoulders big, heads up, tracking and and communicating as they go.
- The focus should be on the defence, not the attack.
- Defenders have equal number, they can press up hard and fast, keeping in mind that to force a mistake is as good as a tackle.