Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- One player will straddle the bag and compete for the ball on the ground.
- The two remaining players will remove the competing player.
- The competing player will change sides, and compete for the ball on the opposite side, but the remaining two players need to get there quickly to stop them and remove the competing player again.
- This sequence repeats until the coach says stop.
- That's it, let get going.
- Don't forget to change the players around.
- Players need to remove the threat quickly and aggressively.
- They get low and drive through the contact.
- Target the jackals legs and arms.
- Make contact with the shoulder.
- The jackal needs to get low, with a wide stance.