Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- The players on the bags will squeeze the bags together to make removal of the ball hard but not impossible.
- The running player will aim to removing the balls from between the bags.
- They will start at the first bag and move on to the second and then the third.
- When they remove the last ball they swap places with one of the players at the bag, and that player will become the running player.
- The players competing for the ball will use a jackal position in order to remove the ball.
- Player has a wide and low stance.
- Both hands are on the ball, wrapping the ball into the chest if possible.
- Player uses the power in their legs to rip the ball free, not just their upper body.
- The ripping motion is repetitive, applying bursts of pressure.
- If the ball cannot be released, the player hold it in keeping hands on until the coach calls hands away.