Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- The attack will remain in attack for 5 minutes, you'll then switch over.
- Normal rules of sevens apply, but this game will be touch to start with.
- When the ball carrier is touched, they must set the ball down, another player can then move it from the ground. The touch is considered a ruck.
- When the coach calls a defenders colour e.g. RED - the two players in defence wearing red drop to the ground and complete 3 press-ups, they can then return to their feet and are back in the game.
- That's it, play.
- Keep your player chats brief, but through questioning highlight that the downed players in defence open up space, what do we attack - SPACE!
- Attackers quickly identify space and confusion in defence, and take advnatge.
- Defenders work to cover gaps in the defence/
- Attackers use miss passes and long passes to move the ball quickly to space, taking into account the danger of interception.
- Attackers work to retain possession, aware that they can wait for opportunities. They don't need to panic or take undue risks.