Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Game for scrum halves to practice their box kicking skills.
- Set out a coned, rectangular/square area between the 22 and the 10 metre lines. This is the target zone for the kicker.
- The kicker has three kicking stations: the try line, the 5 metre line, and between the 5 and 22.
- Two balls for each station, aim to kick into the same target zone.
- Start with a wide base
- Take a step away away from the kicking direction
- Maintain eyes on the ball, and keep your head over the ball until after contact has been made.
- Swing the kicking foot around the body
- The kick should be over the shoulder and slightly backwards to your body position.
Drill tags: box kicking, kicking