Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Simple game for players to work on their ability to side step and beat opponents 1 v 1.
- The defender starts with the ball on one coned corner of the playing area.
- The defender passes the ball to the attacker standing on the opposite cone.
- The game is then a 1 v 1 and the attacker must side step the defender to reach one side of the squared area.
- To ensure good balance on the side step by keeping a low centre of gravity and shifting body momentum quickly.
- Shortern their running stride
- Take a wide step to outside one side of the defender
- Transfer force quickly using the planted leg and push off in the opposite direction.
Drill tags: sidestep