Netball Drill Demonstration
It is common that the defending C will drop back and double mark either the WA or GA, if that happens...
- The WA has been double marked and therefore will pull wide taking both the WD and C with her - this has now left room for the GA
- Both the WA and GA will drive out and offer for the ball, however the GA will receive the ball from the C
- As the defending C has been pulled wide, it will allow the atttacking C the central channel to drive hard and get the ball from the GA at the top of the circle
- The GS will be holding their front space and receive the ball from the C ready to put up a shot
- The WA cannot be standing static, they must keep both players interested and moving to allow the GA to get the first phase ball
- There should always be at least two offers for the ball!
- The C should try to receive the ball on the circle edge - therefore not allowing a 3ft marker to set up and making the pass into the circle easier
- As the GS is holding the defending on her back, the C should pass a strong, fast, flat ball at the GS
Drill tags: centre pass, double marked, wide