Netball Drill Demonstration
Players in 2 equal teams, play across a third. Their aim is to bounce the ball into one of their hoops. Gain a point for each time ball goes in the hoop.
Once hoop is scored or if ball is intercepted, the defending team then becomes attacking team and tries to score a hoop on the opposite side.
- Players can move when boucing the ball
- Players able to run with the ball
- Netball rules
- Hoops have different scoring values
- Once ball over halfway point, have to include a passback (reset) before being able to score
- Change the hoops for skittles
- Attach balloons to poles - players have to hit these
- Have targets on the wall for players to hit
- Have a bigger space and larger teams
- Play for a set time
- All players to touch the ball before a goal attempt
- What is the best tyoe of pass to use? (long/short etc)
- How will the type of defence & the players positioning influence the types of passes you will use?
- How can you (attacking team) work as a team in order to create space?
- How will the score affect the way you attack or defend? (Risk/Reward)
- Which was the most effective defensive structure for your team? Why?
- How did the type of defense affect the way the attacking team passede the ball? Positioned themselves? Speed of ball movement?
- What strategies did you employ to gain most points?
Created by Lisa, Netball Coach, England