Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell the players the following......
- They should advance in 2's.
- Hit in on the bag with their shoulder, driving forward and placing their hands on the ground in a press-up position over the ball.
- They then clear the area, and the pads reset for the next hit.
- The player making the hit, hits low.
- There is a strong shoulder contact.
- Feet need not to be too far from the contact, provide a strong leg drive forward through the contact.
- Hands go to ground, but the player remains in a strong body position over the ball.
- Hands and feet are wide, to provide a stable platform.
- Shoulders are above, or in line with the hits, knees do not touch the ground.