Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- The two bottom players will be the feeders, they will be positioned by the cones with the balls.
- It's a race, team against team.
- The idea is to take the ball from the feeder and pass it down the line, with the last player setting the ball on the ground.
- The ball must travel through each players hands.
- The winning team is the team that can get all their balls down the line the fastest.
- Any dropped balls must be returned to the start of the line, to the feeder who will pass them out again.
- You can keep the race going by having the last reciever feed the balls back. So all the balls must travel up and back down the line.
- Receivers hands should be out.
- Soft hands, pass quick and short across the body.
- Passes should not be spun.
- Players are aware of each others position, and pass the ball accordingly.
- Players build muscle memory with good passes, repeated time and time again.