Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- Trackers will pass the ball and tag the evades.
- Evade simply avoid getting tagged with the ball.
- If tagged, a player must join the tracking team. They must remove their bib.
- That's it - play.
- Attackers track and match the pace and position of those wishing to evade, they allow the ball to do the work.
- Evaders use changes in foot speed, direction, and read body language of attackers in order to evade getting tagged.
- Heads need to by up on both sides.
- Communication and teamwork needs to be at the heart of those attacking and evading.
- Attackers use the touchlines, to close evaders down - they learn they are more effective as a team than individuals.