Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- Every receiver following the the ball carrier should lay on the ground, they can get up only when the ball carrier has advanced 1 meter, that is the person that will pass to them.
- They continue down the line, and when the ball gets to the end of the line it is passed to the first receiver in the next line.
- Players need to experiment with depth, and not be afraid to push the timing of their support run to the limit.
- Passes need to be weighted correctly in terms of type, speed, distance, and timing.
- Communication needs to be at the heart of the attack, players need to not only talk, but to listen.
- Support players hit the ball at speed, the pass should invite them onto the ball at pace.
- Targets needs to be presented, hands need to be out.