Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- This game is to be played at pace.
- It is contact and normal rules of 7's apply, only difference is.....
- That when a tackler makes a tackle - it is them that must get to their feet quickly and give the ball to the attack.
- No rucks.
- That's it - lets play.
- Try to make sure that both teams spend enough time in attack and defence.
- Please make sure this game is played at pace and that there is no delay in returning the ball!
- Supporting players seek to stay out of the ruck, but to take an off-loaded ball.
- Players going into contact seek to off-load the ball away from that contact, and to win the contact.
- Players move the ball to space and attack that space at speed.
- Tacklers get to their feet quickly to take the ball.
- Defenders close down space and attacking options quickly.