Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- The first attacking until enters through the top of the first channel, the defender there can then move forward and challenge them.
- They should complete the 2 v 1 and proceed down the channel, entering the second channel, completing a second 2 v 1.
- They will then return to their starting position for the next opportunity to attack.
- The second attacking group should go whenever they feel there is enough distance between the attacking units.
- There should be very little standing around.
- This exercise can be touch or contact.
- You should change the defenders after a set period of time.
- Ball carrier, carries the ball in two hands.
- Ball carried draws and fixes the defender.
- If the defender drifts too early, the ball carrier attacks the resulting space.
- The support runner and the ball carry always communicate.
- The seeks to apply pressure to force a pass, but does not over commit.