Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- Each group of two players should have their own ball.
- While they have a partner, they can pass to anyone.
- They just need to move the ball, pass and catch.
- They also need to move around the training area.
- They can pass in any direction.
- Go - lets just get moving.
- After a little time, tell the players that their pass must be legal.
Don't feel that you have to focus on all of the following coaching points, you may have your own. Select the points that most closely match your overall training and session goals
- They can't pass to the same person twice.
- When they make a pass they must do one press-up.
- All the passes must be switches.
- All the passes must be back flicks.
- All the passes must be high and looping.
- All the passes must be low and below the knee.
- Players set and pick the ball.
Drill tags: fast hands, heads up, options, passing, warm up