Rugby Drill Demonstration
- This clearing technique is used to remove defenders who have latched onto the ball and are in a low body position.
- One player is bridged over a tackle tube with their hands on the ball, in a strong stable position.
- The player is braced for pressure from the front, but vulnerable side on.
- The rucking player should tackle the opponent, by wrapping their arms round the torso and rolling them away from the tackle tube.
- It's important to get a good grip on the opponent's torso, in order to effectively roll them away from the ball.
- The player over the ball will be in a good position, so it's important to use force and momentum to roll them away.
Drill tags: clear out, ruck, saddle