Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The coach will call the colour of the cone and the player will run to that cone.
- On each cone there will be a ball and a defender with a shield. The player needs to pick the ball up and run into the defender and take 2 steps forward then present the ball on the floor and get back to their feet.
- The player will complete 5 hits on different cones before having a rest for 2 minutes. The player will cmplete 3 sets.
- The aim of this drill is to mimick the demands of rugby and creating choas by the player making decisions and introducing the element of contact.
- When the player picks the ball up, they need to hold the ball in the opposite hand to the shoulder they hit the bag with.
- Use explosive power in legs to drive through the tackle.
- Have low body height through the contact.