Rugby Drill Demonstration
Improve the accuracy when kicking out of hand or drop kicking.
1. Set up different sized circles or squares as targets.
2. Give the smaller targets a higher point to the larger targets.
3. Get the kicker standing behind a line 10m away from coned targets.
4. Have a load of rugby balls and get them practicing the technique.
- Decrease the size of the targets as the accuracy gets better.
- Add someone passing them to the kicker.
- Have a time limit on how long they can hold the ball for
- Add in pressure by standing tackle cylinders along line which they have to kick over.
- Eventually add in deffenders chassingf down the kicks.