Basketball Drill Demonstration
Purpose: It is to improve on
- Ball Handling skills
- Hand eye coordination
- ability to see the entire floor (keeping the head up)
- Place 3 cones in a row with 1.5 meters of space between each cone. Do about 10-14 sets of 3 cones depending on the size of the group.
- Have players partner up and have one player stand on the sideline and the other stand by the cone closest to their partner.
- Each group has 1 tennis ball and 1 basketball, player on the sideline has the tennis ball and the other player has the basketball.
- Player with the basketball starts by bouncing the ball in one spot and catches the tennis ball while keeping their head up.
- After receiving the pass, they pass the tennis ball back to their partner and repeat the cycle till the coach moves onto the next progression
always make sure you maintain a low body position