Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Groups of 3/4
- 1 Tackle Sausage.
- 1 Tackle bag.
1. Tackle Bag conditioning.
Players align 6m apart, one side with tackle sausage. Work for 1 min constantly tackling and carrying sausage back and forth with partners.
2. Tackle and Roll conditioning.
Same as before but introduce roll after making the hit. Roll with bag to escpae collision area. then same as before, pick up the sausage and run.
3. Add Defender
A 3rd player is introduced, holding Tackle bag who acts as a attacker clearing out the ruck. The Defender must bounce up and clear the tackle bag player coming over the ball, then same as before.
4. Tackle, Roll, Clear
All 4 stages togther now, adding a roll in before clearing out the attakcing player with tackle bag.
- Body Height low - Chest/Hips.
- Speed up from floor - Fire up using hips (try ride the tackle)
- Minimal space between tackler and tackled player - Less oppotunity to clear away or lose the ball.
- Head position neutral - look through eye brows - Tower of power body position.