Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Groups of 6+ players.
- 3 tackle shields per group.
- 1 Tackle Sausage per group.
- 3 people with bags act as attackers, 1 by 1 they run at suausage stepping to a side of there choice when at the sausage.
- Defenders start running when the attackers do, when the attacker steps, the defender makes quick decison in reaction to what shoulder he/she hits with.
- NOT FULL TACKLE - Focus on impact, and leg drive.
- Progression: Get rid of the tackle bags and use balls - progress to full tackle.
- Small quick steps as approaching the tackle.
- Eyes up looking at the hips of the attacker.
- Low body Position.
- Head position.
- Foot in close to attacker.