Rugby Drill Demonstration
- One of the players in a group of 4 should be an attacker, and should take the pad.
- The other 3 players will be defenders.
- The attacker will start at the top of the grid, and the defenders start at the bottom, one behind the other, see the diagram.
- Tell the players the following.....
- The attacker will advance, trying to avoid contact.
- The opposite defender should track and hit the pad.
- They players reset, and the next player goes.
- Don't forget to change the player on the pad.
- Hands out, shoulders big.
- Head up scanning and reacting to the attacker.
- Strong, shoulder contact mid pad.
- Wrap tight, possible taking a leg.
- Drive through the contact.
- Win the contact, hit harder and fast than the targets speed.