Rugby Drill Demonstration
- What you should have is your players lined up to work within a small L. Give the ball to the last player in the first line of players at the bottom of the L.
- Tell the players the following......
- The first line will go, passing the ball down the line until they get to the end of the line, they should then pass the ball to the first receiver in the second line.
- That line will advance, doing the same. The previous attack will take up position on the opposite side of the L.
- When the coach calls, the players will move out one cone - increasing the length of the pass.
- Let the players run.
- Increase the size of the L using the cones every 1 minute.
- Keep going until the players pass is at the limit of what they can do.
- Draw the ball back for more power.
- Have the confidence to work outside your comfort zone.
- Provide a target, encourage.
- Come onto the ball at pace, don't decease speed while carrying the ball.
- Use a spin pass over distance.