Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Setting the front row is the building blocks for a scrum.
- The 3 players (Prop, Hooker, Prop) should stand in a line facing the opposition.
- Two props tuck in close to the hooker either-side, wrapping their inside are around the hookers shorts or T-shirt maintaining a strong and tight grip. (Reach as far around the hooker as possible so the shorts or t-shirt are tight.
- This should pull the hooker in tight to both props hips.
- The hooker then lowers arms from above his head and wraps them around the 2 props, pulling tight onto their tshirts.
- Hooker needs flexibility to move hi slower body to hook the ball.
- Once set, the players sink from their hips as a unit - usually with a call routine.
- Then they wait for the refs calls to crouch, touch, engage.
- Where they use explosive leg drive while maintaining ga flat back and strong core to push the other props off the
- While standing bind together - holding on to eachothers waisteline or shirt.
- With thier outside arm, place it through the legs of the prop infornt of them, holdin gon to shorts. - keeps props tight
- Chins off chest, stright back, hips below chets.
Flankers + number 8
- enganemnt and hit is most important here.
- 8 must be bound before engangemnt for saftery and to add weight ot the pack.
- Larger flanker on tight head side - stay down and push on the engamnet - gives support ot the tighthead prop.
- Loose head - does less pushing
- Strong core
- Flat back
- Sink from hips.
- Explode and leg drive.