Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The aim of the drill is to develop kickers footwork and body position into kick.
- The goal is to execute the full kicking motion and control the balls trajectory (aiming for the coaches chest).
- Get in position early with hips behind ball.
- Have the player position the ball close to the body, lengthen the spine (tall body position).
- keep chest over the ball.
- The plant foot should strike the ground with the heel first to establish a stable and strong body angle.
- Focus on arms extended out on the drop and good kick connection
- Body position is cramped and doesn't allow extension of the kicking leg
- The payers plant foot sees him on his toes which causes several errors including poor ball position and body not being over the ball
- Promotes a stabbing like action which is a major fault in a drop punt